Playground Master Plan
Morley PTO has developed an LPS-approved master plan to improve the Morley playground.
This plan is the result of many months of working in partnership with LPS and represents our vision for the future of Morley’s playground.
Addressing existing conditions
- Safety concerns – lack of separation between service areas (vehicles) and playground; deterioration of current equipment
- Water flow/drainage issues – limited use in wet weather
- No structures currently meet ADA guidelines
New plan features
- Improved safety – extend fence to separate students from service area; improved sight-lines for teachers/monitors
- Improved foot traffic flow; added trees; vibrant color; picnic tables to provide buffer to classrooms
- Additional pavement – improved drainage, expand service/delivery area; reorganize sidewalks for better connectivity; provide more area for play after wet weather
- New and better organized play areas
- Sports Zone – emphasizes lifelong fitness & sports exploration
- Fitness & Play Zones – promotes large motor development (strength, balance, etc.) and incorporates fun equipment accessible for students of all abilities
Fundraising Goal: $125,000
Download our fundraising flyer here >
Ways to Help
Leadership donations of $1,000 and above will be recognized on a permanent donor wall in the school!
Payable to Morley PTO; mail to Morley Elementary, 6800 Monterey Dr., Lincoln, NE 68506.
Our equipment wish list!
Current Conditions: Why we need a new playground!
No separation between service area
Poor, washed out drainage
No accessible equipment
Playground Project Timeline
Spring 2016 & 2017
School surveys show #1 priority for Morley PTO is playground improvements; PTO begins saving toward this goal.
October 2016 - November 2017
Plan development and LPS review process.
Jan. – Nov. 2017 LPS review; playground master plan approved by LPS Nov. 2017.
Playground Project public-facing fundraising begins.